Campgrounds and Holiday Parks
Holiday parks and camping grounds are recreational parks that provide camping facility and amenities to all the people interested in camping at their parks. There has been a major development in the last decade in the range of accommodations available at these place. Many parks now offer a wide range of cabins, motel units, villas, backpacker style units and lodge accommodation for groups. They are a great place for your leisure accommodation needs and are the most economical means too.
In New Zealand there are certain regions where you can camp freely and certain areas are restricted. It is best to check with a visitor centre before camping at these spots. However your best option would be camping at regulated and managed campgrounds and Holiday parks. These parks would have facilities like public toilets, power, kitchen facilities and water.
There are over 51 Holiday Parks throughput New Zealand, each offering a complete range of affordable, self-catering accommodation and camp ground facilities to suit all needs. This accommodation type is often set in landscaped grounds perhaps besides a lake or beach and provide sites for tents, caravans and campervans. The campground rates are fair and vary seasonally so If your someone that enjoys the outdoors with fun attractions for a great price and love meeting people then maybe this is the choice for you!
Some of the standard facilities that campgrounds and holiday parks provide are
- They have a reception office.
- Toilets, showers and kitchen facilities, incl. refrigerator.
- Electric lighting of buildings and grounds. Power points.
- Tourist information: the Park provides visitor local sightseeing information and bookings.
- Laundry includes washing tubs, machines, and iron at a fee.
- Tidy grounds with rubbish containers and drinking water.
- Public telephone available in camp or close by.
- Children’s playing area and equipment.?