Northland and The Twin Coast Discovery Highway
Stunning and unspoiled and significantly prosperous in history and culture. Northland is easily accessible to visitors by taking the Twin Coast Discovery Touring Highway.
This can be found in Maps and is clearly signposted.
Bay of Islands Region 33,000
Paihia & Waitangi 8,000
Auckland to Paihia via East Coast is 240kms (4 hours)
Auckland to Paihia via West Coast is 370kms (5 hours and 30 mins)
- 3 kms of Sandy Beaches at Orewa
- Hot Springs of Waiwera and Matakana and Warkworth vineyards
- The beautiful beaches and cafes of Mangawhai
- Whangarei Falls – New Zealand’s most photographed waterfalls
- The cafes, art and crafts at Quayside, Whangarei
- Kauri Park, Whangarei – most famous giant kauri trees (500 years old)
- Ferry through the 144 islands around the stunning Bay of Islands
- Visit the Waitangi Treaty House
- Take a ferry across to Russell Island
- Enjoy breathtaking views over Russell and the Bay of Islands from Flagship Hill
- Take a 90 minute bush walk (each way) from Waitangi to the spectacular horseshoe Haruru Falls.
- Visit Keri Keri where you will find oranges, kiwifruit, grapes and avocadoes and visit the famous Chocolate Factory.
- Take the 90 mile beach coach tour to Cape Reinga (the northern most point of New Zealand) where the Pacific Ocean and Taman Sea meet. Not to be missed, absolutely breathtaking views from here.
- Clapman’s Clock museum – Whangarei Quayside
- Scenic flights or Coach Tours to Cape Reinga
- Visit the Kauri Museum at Matakohe
- Go Kayaking at Paihia
- Visit the Famous Hole in the Rock
- World Class Golf courses
August 2006 – Jazz & Blues Festival