Individual person 32 days, worldwide will cost $214.20
The policies provided by State Travel Insurance are available to New Zealand residents only. Policies are only valid upon acceptance of payment by the Insurer and the policy must be purchased while the insured person is in New Zealand, prior to the commencement of the journey.
For all claims the standard excess is $100. The excess is the amount you have to pay and the rest if paid by the company.
- Buy travel Insurance online
- Worldwide 24 hour assistance cover
Collect Fly Buys points for every $20 you spend on a State insurance premium.
If you are a State customer and hold one other policy, you receive a 15% customer discount when you purchase the State Travel Premier policy.
You can cancel your policy providing it is before the start date of travel and you have not made a claim and receive a full refund.
- Dependent children under 21 years old are free
- A bit Expensive
- Cancellations or an administration fee may apply if you want to cancel your policy
Travel Insurance Types
State iTravel – Perfect for New Zealanders travelling overseas that require travel insurance straight away, and that don’t want cover for any pre-existing medical conditions. State iTravel Insurance can provide cover for individuals or families.
Travel Premier – perfect for New Zealanders travelling overseas that want complete travel insurance, as well as cover for particular items or pre-existing medical conditions. Travel Premier Insurance can provide cover for individuals or families.
What you need to know
State Travel Premier and State iTravel Insurance does not cover the following:
- Pregnancy more than 24 weeks
Individual items over $1,500 (unless cover is extended to include particular items under the Travel Premier insurance policy only.)
- Any professional sporting activities including training, competing or racing (other than on foot)
- Manual employment including self-employment and volunteer work
Travel to or from, or staying in any country classified as Extreme Risk by the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
State iTravel Insurance does not cover the following:
- Pre-Existing Medical Conditions including pregnancy more than 24 weeks.
- Unlimited medical cover (while overseas)
- Personal Baggage up to $20,000
- Cover for Lost travel documents, money or passports
- Travel delay or missed connection
- Loss of deposits
- Liability protection
- rental car excess of $2,500
State Travel Insurance Consultant: 0800 155 777
If you wish to make a claim whilst overseas call: +64 9 969 5550 (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
How to make a claim
To make a claim you can call 0800 155 777 if your in New Zealand or: +64 9 969 5550 if making a claim from overseas. You will need to provide State with as much information as possible, for instance if you want to claim for medical related expenses then you will need to give information as to what happened, where and when the event tool place, any symptoms and a doctors report . You can call anytime of the day 24 hours, 7 days a week.